The Book of Kells Campaign
There is currently a campaign to have one of the volumes of the Book of Kells returned to the town of Kells. News, events and press coverage relating to the campaign will be posted on this page.
The priceless book, which was written by monks around 800 AD, disappeared from Kells before the arrival of Oliver Cromwell’s army arrived in Kells in 1654, and was “given” to Trinity College in 1661 by a senior officer of Cromwell’s army, Henry Jones, who was also appointed Vice Chancellor of Trinity College.
Aidan Wall (Chairperson) Kells Tourism Forum – (Mob: +353 (0)87 2621 006/Phone: +353 (0)46 9240961)